At FreshPoint Southern California we have an unwavering commitment to
food safety and sanitation and we continually strive to raise the
standards of excellence for others to follow. Our customers trust
FreshPoint Southern California to provide them with the safest produce
grown and produced. We respect and earn that trust every day. "Food
safety is Priority One" to safeguard our products and our customers
here's what we're doing in our facilities:
- Absolutely unbroken cold chain
throughout our refrigerated and environmentally-controlled facilities
and distribution system. This cold chain is monitored from the beginning
by checking all inbound trucks for proper trailer temperature, using
pulp thermometers to ensure product temperatures are within tolerance.
Ending with delivery to our customers in refrigerated trucks.
- A variety of products require different temperature and
humidity-controlled zones for holding. Our facilities are specifically
designed for perishable foodservice distribution, ensuring complete cold
chain protection, food safety, sanitation, security and operational
- Third party food safety inspections. We hold the highest rating possible with American Institute of Baking,
the nationally recognized leader in the food service inspection
industry with over 75 years of experience. Their unannounced audits
include food safety, pest control, employee practices, facility grounds
and building condition. FreshPoint Southern California
has held a Superior rating for ten years running. Other third party
audits include Silliker, inc. an international network of accredited
food testing and consulting laboratories.
Southern California is a proud member of the NSC - National Safety
Counsel, VPPPA - Voluntary Protection Program Participant Association,
iCiX - International Compliance Information Exchange.
- Complete HACCP program for all products entering and leaving our warehouse.
- A detailed written and tested recall procedure.
- Food Safety and Good Manufacturing Practice training for employees to govern the work flow and ensure quality and sanitation.
- Sanitation schedule for facilities, property and fleet.
- Monitored pest control programs.
- Sourcing product from only proven and food safety trusted suppliers practicing Good Agricultural Practices
We deliver your fresh produce in clean fully temperature controlled
trucks that are sanitized on a routine schedule. Many trucks in our
fleet use specially designed roll-up rear doors with load ramps. Ramping
product off the truck prevents dropping and damaging product. All of
our trucks have grooved floor beds to prevent water leakage from one
product that would affect product stacked nearby. Our driver
communication system includes instant communication between dispatch and
drivers. Analysis of our truck tracking information helps us improve
delivery schedules productivity resulting in on-time deliveries for our
customers. All of our friendly and professional drivers are fully
licensed bonded and in uniform.
The bottom line is simple: Produce that's fresh...stays fresh.